Wednesday, September 9, 2009

ILLICIT

After watching Illicit, I have realized just how corrupt the world we live in really is. This is not something which happened years ago or has gotten better, it is happening now, TODAY, and it seems to have gotten even worse. Politicians becoming criminals and criminals be coming politicians, what on earth is the world coming to. Everyone has bought a knock off a couple times and think it’s no big deal. I have bought a few minor things which I have eventually said to myself, “next time, I’m going to buy the real deal!” But I guess it’s just a really good feeling getting something which you know would cost a lot more, for a lot less. But then seeing that the knock offs are not only being shipped all over the world, but also that drugs are being smuggled into the shipment, because no one would suspect a bunch of fancy, expensive Chanel handbags to contains a couple kilos of cocaine and what not. Thinking about when I could be buying a knock off, someone else could be dying or getting killed, kind of makes you feel responsible for the life of that person. In the movie and from my personal experience, these things happen in either third world countries or in bad parts of certain cities and it really sucks to think that drug dealers and shops with knock offs are also giving these places a reputation which could ruin the city or country. I would never go to Columbia, just from seeing it in the movie, but it’s probably got a really beautiful side to it, which I don’t know about!

No comments:

Post a Comment